In the age of remote work and globalized business operations, high-quality video equipment is essential. A company’s online presence is extremely important for strong relationships with clients, partners, and colleagues alike; video conferencing is an essential component of this presence.
But not all office spaces are created equal. Choosing the right equipment to suit your space is essential–but with so many options on the market, it can be difficult to know what to pick.
We’ve chosen the best cameras, speakers, and microphones perfect for small, medium, and large conference spaces below. For additional guidance on choosing the equipment that’s right for your office, click here.
- Pro Tip! If you’re choosing equipment for an office space with multiple conference rooms, consistency is essentia . It can be confusing and frustrating for employees to learn how to use many different kinds of cameras, microphones, and speakers. Try to stay as cohesive as possible across the entire office space!
AV equipment for small rooms (5-6 people)
When you’re choosing audio and video equipment for a small room, a simple camera, set of speakers, and display should suffice. If the room is designed to hold five to six people, it’s not wise to try and rely on your laptop’s built-in webcam and speakers–a wide-view camera will ensure that everyone fits in the frame, and a basic room microphone will ensure that voices can be clearly heard from a few feet away.
Since there won’t be many people streaming from your end of a video call, there’s no need to purchase a camera that can focus on many faces at once or follow a speaker as they move around the room. Here are our recommendations.
Cameras: The Huddly IQ ($799)
The Huddly IQ camera is a highly professional option perfect for huddle rooms and other smaller spaces. It has a 150° wide-angle lens that can easily fit a small group of people into the frame, and a built-in microphone that can pick up speech from several feet away. The camera also can also zoom in up to 4x.
Its Genius Framing technology also detects and frames each person in its field of view. The Huddly IQ also has a sleek, compact design that blends into any office space–and because the is USB-powered, it’s easy to install and use.
Here are a few more reasons why we love the Huddly IQ:
- Automatic color correction and white balance – The Huddly IQ automatically adjusts the color, contrast, and exposure of the video so that people appear naturally on video.
- Compatible with certified Microsoft Teams and Zoom Rooms – If your office is integrated into one of these platforms, the Huddly IQ will fit right in.
- Visual noise filtering and lighting adaptation – The Huddly IQ automatically adjusts to the levels of light in the room as soon as it turns on, making you and your colleagues look clear and professional.
Cameras: The AVer CAM340+ ($499)
The AVer CAM340+ is a no-nonsense, budget-friendly professional camera ideal for small conference rooms. It’s a flexible, plug-and-play option that can easily be moved and used with different devices, and has an adjustable depth of field that can toggle between 120° and 94°, and 4X zoom capabilities. The AVer CAM340+ also contains a built-in unidirectional microphone.
The AVer CAM340+ is equipped with some additional features designed to deliver a high-quality visual experience:
- Automatic white balance adjustment – The AVer CAM340+ automatically adapts to the lightest point in the room, improving the colors and overall appearance of the image.
- Designed for durability – The CAM340+ camera is built to last. AVer also offers a “3+2 years” warranty program on all of its devices.
Microphones: The MXL AC-404-Z ($99)
If you’re looking for a small-room microphone option beyond your camera’s built-in microphone, the MXL AC-404-Z is the perfect choice. It’s designed to capture and transmit crystal-clear speech with easy plug-and-play USB connectivity. And at just $100, it’s extremely cost-effective.
Other features include:
- 180-degree pickup pattern with a 25′ range – The MXL AC-404-Z may be small, but it certainly is mighty. It’s capable of picking up sounds that are more than just a few feet away, making it ideal for group usage.
- Elegant design – The MXL AC-404-Z has a compact, low-profile exterior available in both white and black. It’s designed to rest on any flat surface, making it discrete and convenient for everyday use.
Speakers: The Yamaha YVC-1000 – USB Speakerphone & Bluetooth Conference Phone ($1,149)
The YVC-1000 is a flexible, intuitive communications system with separate microphone and speaker units that can be used dynamically during audio and video conferencing.
- USB and Bluetooth Connections – The YVC-1000 can easily connect with a variety of other devices at once, including up to five external microphones.
- Audio Optimization – The YVC-1000 is equipped with a number of powerful audio enhancement features, including dereverberation, automatic gain control, and background noise reduction.
AV equipment for medium-sized rooms (7-15 people)
As conference rooms get larger, their needs grow slightly more complex. While a minimalist approach to AV equipment may function in a smaller space, medium-sized rooms require a few more resources: once meeting sizes exceed six people, more powerful microphones are needed to pick up their voices. Since there may be more background noise in larger spaces, mics with intelligent voice-seeking capabilities can greatly increase audio quality.
Similarly, cameras in medium-sized rooms must be capable of recording and clarifying more faces than in a smaller space. Here are some of our favorite tools for medium-sized rooms.
Cameras: The AVer CAM540 ($1,500)
When it comes to crystal-clear, brilliantly colored, and highly-defined images, it really doesn’t get better than the AVer CAM540. This camera is optimized for medium conference spaces, delivering a top-of-the-line visual experience for professional video calls in mid-sized offices.
Additional features include:
- 16X zoom – The CAM540’s flexible zoom option gives you the ability to focus in on people near to the camera and presentation elements located anywhere in a conference room.
- Rapid and smooth pan, tilt, and zoom features – These features allow for a dynamic video experience. Up to 10 preset options provide you with the flexibility to swiftly move to predetermined locations in your conference space.
Microphones: The MXL AC-360-Z V2 ($499)
The MXL AC-360-Z V2 is a powerful, 360-degree microphone that is capable of picking up voices in every direction within a 25-foot radius. Like many of the other mics made by MXL, the AC-360-Z V2 has a low-profile and sturdy design that easily sits on any flat surface. It’s also equipped with simple plug-and-play connectivity through USB-C 3.0.
Additional features of the MXL AC-360-Z V2 include:
- Optimized for speech clarity – When paired with Zoom Rooms software, all sounds picked up by the AC-360-Z V2 are processed and enhanced using Zoom Rooms’ digital signal processor and echo cancellation features.
- All-metal construction and a reinforced frame – The AC-360-Z V2 is designed for heavy usage–perfect for busy, shared office environments. The microphone’s rubber feet are removable so that it can be mounted on the ceiling or conference room tables.
Speakers: The JBL Pro SoundBar PSB-1 ($199)
The JBL Pro SoundBar PSB-1 is a sleek two-channel speaker option that can easily be integrated into any medium-sized conference space.
Additional features include:
- Easy set-up – JBL’s Pro SoundBarprovides superior sound quality, reliability, and ease of set-up compared to other commercial-grade soundbars.
- Full-range sound without a separate subwoofer – This all-in-one design resulting in superior sound quality with minimal sound transfer to neighboring rooms–perfect for office spaces with thin walls!
AV equipment for large rooms (more than 15 people)
When it comes to large-sized rooms, it’s important to invest in flexible equipment that can cover large groups, with the potential to deal with more visual and audio background noise. Here are our favorite products for larger spaces.
Cameras: The AVer CAM520 PRO ($1,200)
The AVer CAM520 PRO is a pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) camera ideal for medium- and large-sized conference rooms. With an 18X zoom and 1080p HD capabilities, it delivers incredibly sharp images. The camera’s PTZ features are all whisper-silent, ensuring a seamless video streaming and recording experience.
Additional features include:
- Plug-and-play setup – The AVer CAM520 PRO connects to any desktop or laptop via USB, and is compatible with just about any video-conferencing application.
- Innovative features like SmartFrame, True WDR, and EZ Manager. The CAM520 PRO’s SmartFrame capability uses facial recognition technology to automatically frame people. True Wide Dynamic Range (True WDR) is a sensor-based technology that produces high-quality images in varying light conditions. EZ Manager’s Live Video Stream enables real-time streaming from the camera.
Microphones: MXL AC-360-Z V2 ($499)
For picking up many voices spread across a large space, we recommend the aforementioned MXL. Since multiple units of this microphone can be connected to cover any size room, it’s a versatile complement to mid-size conference rooms.
Speakers: The Yamaha 10-ESB1080-Z Enterprise Sound Bar ($249)
The Yamaha 10-ESB1080-Z Enterprise Sound Bar is a powerful option for conference spaces of any size–but due to its two built-in subwoofers and bass-reflex port, we love it for large spaces. Multiple units can be purchased to cover extra-large spaces.
Additional features include:
- Integrates easily with any monitor, mobile or PC device – The Yamaha 10-ESB1080-Z Enterprise Sound Bar is equipped with a wide range of connectivity options, including HDMI®, Bluetooth, and analogue audio.
- Versatile installation – With built-in keyholes, it can easily be mounted on ceilings or walls, and it has a gyroscope to optimize sound in vertical and flat positions.
Set Your Space Up for Success
These products are all made by top brands that we’ve worked with for years. As a result of their dedication to our customers, each has proven to be a reliable partner. If you have any questions about any of these products or would like to book an individual consultation to find the equipment that best suits your office space, please click here. Happy hunting!